In the modern age, with so many temptations and luxuries, it is very easy to get lost and overindulge in many of the new ways of society. The influence of the western culture, the rising number of pubs, clubs, and resto-bars in the country, the modern way of underage drinking, and habitual indulgence in alcohol for social reasons have all taken prevalence in society, which has eventually led to the rise of alcoholics amongst us.
Many people who are addicted to alcohol do not know this until they are cut off. Alcohol addiction treatment offers a solution for those who would like to cut off this bad practice and recover in a healthy and discreet manner so as to become normal and independent of the addiction.
Many alcohol addicts have sought refuge in alcohol de-addiction programs and have successfully kicked the habit of alcohol dependency from their lives.
What are the Signs of Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction may look like social drinking for those who are not looking closely enough. Most times, the patient would not recognise the signs of addiction until it’s too late. A close friend or a family member can easily watch out for the signs of alcohol addiction in a patient with the following symptoms:
- Frequent indulgence in drinking
- Frequently consuming large dosage of alcohol
- High tolerance to alcohol
- No signs of a hangover
- Moody and Irritable
- Anxiety and Depression
- Hangs out with friends who have similar habits
- Cutting off of family members and friends
- Anger and frustration when not able to access drinks
- Socially inactive and reclusive behaviour
- Poor performance academically or at work
- Often missing out on college/school/work
- Continually denies need for help
- Legal troubles and gets into fights easily
These are some of the signs of alcohol dependency in suspecting alcohol addicts. If such signs are found in a patient, the sooner help is provided, the better the chances of recovery and deaddiction.
Curbing Alcohol Addiction in Adults
Due to the easy availability and accessibility to alcohol and the minimal restrictions placed on it, it is becoming easier for more people to indulge in heavy drinking. There are some simple tips that can help identify an addict and curb addiction in the initial stage:
- Identifying the Source of Alcohol – and ensuring that the patient is not able to source it as easily as they once could
- Cutting out on social groups – that force patients to consume alcohol or groups that only meet for drinking purposes
- Alerting fellow colleagues and friends – about the problem and help keep a watch over the patient so that they can help with recovery
- Seeking expert help – is the best method as an alcohol addiction treatment can offer plenty of programs and methods to effectively curb the practice from the early stages
- Inculcating a new hobby – so that the patient can easily forget the need to involve in drinks – a routine that can keep them busy
- Focussing on recovery – is one of the best things as ignoring the problem may only lead to overindulgence. Accepting and conscious recovery helps in curbing addiction
- Fostering a healthy environment – either by choosing a rehab center or creating an environment with family and friends who can help the patient through the process can be most effective
A positive and healing environment can help in kicking the habit and recovering in a progressive manner without any relapse.